Monday, July 25, 2011

Vacation 2011













































This July 7th Clint and I celebrated 10 years of marriage. I decided that we should take a special trip to mark the occasion. We decided that we would go to one of our favorite places, Fernandina Beach in Florida.

Clint and I found Fernandina Beach when we were first married. Since we have been married we have always had 4 legged children that have gone on vacation with us and Fernandina is a pet friendly beach. We no longer have any 4 legged children but we still love Fernandina.

We left for our trip on Thursday July 21 and returned on Sunday July 24. We were unable to get a condo on our anniversary because it always falls around July 4th weekend. I am glad we didn't get a place on our anniversary because I was really sick during that time.

We decided to invite my mom and dad to come on our trip because we always seem to have more fun when they come along with us. They decided to come on Friday and stay till Sunday. I am so glad they came because poor Madison was ready to go home after just one day alone with Clint and me. We usually vacation with other family members and this was our first trip since Madison was born that we have gone off without them, at least for a day. She said that she was glad that her E (that is what she calls my dad) was coming because then she would have someone to play with. Madison says that E is her friend and thinks he is the same age as she is. It is so funny to see those two together.

We had a great time on our trip.The first day we had a picnic at a park near a creek and then went to historic downtown Fernandina. Clint, Madison and I love books so we spent a long time enjoying a small bookstore downtown. After looking in all the shops we were so hot and tired so we stopped by a little ice cream and candy shop in downtown and went in and had an ice cream and some frozen lemonade. We also got to watch a guy make fudge. After he was done making it he let us sample some and it was soooo good!

We checked into our condo after we left downtown and went for a swim in the pool. Later that night we went to the beach and walked around looking for shells and sharks teeth. We found some shells but no shark teeth.

A really sweet lady who was flying a kite on the beach asked Madison if she would like to fly it and of course she did. She took that job of flying that kite very seriously. We also got to watch some people kite surfing. It looked like fun, but I am not sure I would want to do it. I am not that brave.

Mama and daddy got to the condo the folloing day around 2o'clock or so. While they were with us we shopped and swam and sat on the beach. It was a great trip and I am so glad that my parents could come and share our 10 year anniversary trip with us. I hope that Clint and I continue to share many more anniversaries and I hope that my parents will be able to be around for many more years also to share in more great vaction trips.

















3 comments:

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

Congratulations on the anniversary. The beach looks wonderful. How nice too, to share it with Mom and Dad. What nice memories you made for Madison.

maddie/cadesmimi said...

Madison and E...those two look like they are up to no good! LOL

We had a great time, thanks for letting us tag along. I wish I could've seen Madison flying that kite!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures - thanks for sharing. They make me want to go to the beach so bad. I absolutely LOVE the beach. I still can't believe how grown up Madison is.

I'm back...

http://youneverknowwithcindy-cindy.blogspot.com/